Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Vancouver's Actress, Lindsey Angell

1. Lindsey, can you share who you are and what it is you do? 
Lindsey Angell. I'm an actress/creator/collaborator, currently working within the Canadian Theatre community. Specifically Vancouver, Canada!

2. How did you become a professional actress?
 
I became and continue to grow into the role of "professional actress" by taking risks and by attempting to say no to nothing. I started in my hometown community theatre, from there I attended a performing arts high school and have two separate diplomas from college's in BC and Alberta.

3. You recently presented medals at the Vancouver Winter Olympics! Can you tell us about your experience?
The Olympics was an epic experience and I'm so proud to have volunteered my time and energy. I met incredible athletes from all over the world as well as volunteers and Olympic staff who, like me, were simply looking to share in something that was truly remarkable. At the women's gold medal hockey game I stood off-ice holding seven medals. I couldn't take my eyes off of them...yes, they were beautiful but more than that, they represent greatness and the weight of their meaning will far outlast the pain in my forearms once the tray was empty. I also volunteered as a medal presenter for the Paralympics where the athletes are not only excelling in their sport but are doing so with against the challenges of disabilities. I can't explain the sound of the stadium when the Canadian pairs skating team won the gold medal or when Charles Hamelin took his final lap in short track speed skating but I can say that I will never ever forget the power and emotion I witnessed throughout the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Games.
 

4. Who/what is inspiring you at the moment? Do you have a favourite actress that influences you?
 At the moment, I'm inspired by ordinary people. I'm all about witnessing great moments in real life. Whether its someone devouring a sandwich on the bus, or a couple having a loud fight in the mall. I'm inspired by how reckless and vulnerable and funny people are and how there is a character around ever corner if I just open my eyes. I love watching Kate Winslet, she seems to wear her heart outside of her skin and you can see every beat. I love that.

5. What advice would you give to women pursuing acting as a career?
 
Well...I'll just give you the advice I give myself...often. Be brave, keep your head up and love every minute.


Thanks Lindsey and good luck with your creative career as an actress in Canada! Arielle

No comments:

Post a Comment